A postdoctoral position is available at the Natarajan Lab to study transcriptional regulation and cell-fate decisions in embryonic stem cells. Our interdisciplinary and international team is part of Danish-Institute of Advanced Study (D-IAS) and based at the Functional Genomics and Metabolism Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious candidate to investigate transcriptional regulation, cell cycle and metabolic control in embryonic stem cells, using single-cell genomics and CRISPR approaches. The project would involve deriving transgenic stem cell lines, profiling using state-of-art approaches (bulk, single-cell transcriptomics, chromatin accessibility and multi-omics) and functional characterisation. The goal is to obtain mechanistic insights into dynamic stem cell regulation and cell-state transitions.
The selected applicant will be strongly supported by our skilled colleagues, our core infrastructure (single-cell genomics, sequencing etc.), Bio-imaging (DaMBIC) and computational facilities (eScience Centre, SDUCloud and National HPC Centre).
We are looking for candidates with these competences and experience:
• PhD in relevant areas (Natural sciences, molecular biology, developmental biology or systems biology)
• Prior training and expertise in stem cell/developmental biology and standard molecular biology techniques
• Prior experience in next-generation sequencing (NGS) approaches (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq or ATAC-seq etc.)
• First author manuscript in relevant journal in the field
• Proficiency in English (reading/writing/speaking).
• Expertise with CRISPR approaches, flow cytometry and microscopy
• Prior experience in analysis of large-scale NGS data
• Interested in interdisciplinary and collaborative work.
• A three-year postdoc position (extendable) with a competitive salary and social benefits (e.g. health coverage, parental leave, social security etc.)
• Access to state-of-the art technologies, facilities and infrastructure alongside international network
• Dedicated assistance and support with various practical, social, legal aspects (housing, visa, administration, tax etc.), especially for international candidates through our international staff office (ISO).
Start date: 15 April 2020, but starting date is negotiable. Application deadline: 31 March 2020.
Application, salary etc.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The application must be in English and include the following:
• Motivation letter (max. one page)
• A curriculum vitae including research experience, information on previous employment and relevant skills
• A full list of publications stating the scientific publications on which the applicant wishes to rely
• Two letters of recommendation from supervisors or previous employers. Referees are welcome to send letters directly to email@example.com, mentioning candidate’s name and the position in question in the subject line. These must also reach us before deadline to be considered.
Shortlisting may be used in the assessment process.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated.
To qualify you must have passed a PhD or equivalent. Applications will be assessed by an expert assessor/committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the university.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Deadline: 31 March 2020
Unit: Faculty of Science
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Tuesday March 31st, 2020