Department of People and Technology, Roskilde University, invites applications for a position as postdoc of Professions, Work and Education in Health from October 1st 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position as postdoc is limited to a period of 2 years.
The post.doc.-position is closely connected to two thematically linked projects;
- Project UDSiKT (in collaboration with Danish University Colleges). This project explores how specific aspects of students’ learning related to e.g. interprofessional collaboration and patient involvement is supported in different clinical contexts and educations such as nurse education, midwife education, radiographer education etc. The aim of this project is to identify good practices as well as barriers against learning in order to improve students’ learning outcome in clinical placement during post-graduate education.
- A regional project (in collaboration with Region Zealand), which aim to explore and develop a broad range of clinical skills and competencies among post-graduate health professional employed in the region. The overall aim of the project is to support retainment and recruitment of front personnel.
Both projects are designed as collaborative projects that tightly connects research and practice development and therefore involve close collaboration with external partners. Both projects will run for a period of (minimum) three years. They are headed by Associate Professor Sine Lehn, and postdoc’s working hours will be equally distributed between the two projects. One part-time post.doc is already working on the UDSiKT-projekt, and 1-2 PhD projects are expected to join the team as well. More information of the projects can be provided: contact email@example.com.
The position is based in the research area in Interdisciplinary Studies in Health Promotion and Health Strategies, which is one of the main focus areas of the department.
The research is based on an interdisciplinary humanistic, social and health research community and is characterized by critical research into health promotion issues and health initiatives in society and in everyday life, as well as critical exploration of political, environmental and educational health strategies. We emphasize cooperation with practices and institutions outside RUC. Knowledge sharing is a fundamental part of our ways of developing and practicing education and research, and we have a long tradition of involving public and private institutions and organizations, private companies, NGOs and others, in both our research and teaching.
Read more at www.ruc.dk/sundhedsfremme.
Responsibilities and tasks
The postdoc’s work will include two years research within professions, work and education in health. In addition, a year of teaching may be offered. You will be closely involved in all stages of the research process; design, state-of-the-art, theoretical discussions and outline of key-concepts and approach, field work and production of empirical material, coding, analysis and writing up results in accordance with the projects’ publication plans.
Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent within relevant social science, health science or arts background, with research and teaching experience in the field of health. Qualifications within the following scientific areas are required:
- Education of health professionals
- Qualitative methods
- Ethnographic work
- Competencies and professional identity
The ideal candidate is a skilled academic writer, who possess good qualitative research skills and can document international publication in journals relevant to the field of health professions and education. We expect you to be visible and involved in the department’s daily activities, in addition to being willing to engage in disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration across the department.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to;
- scientific production and research prospective,
- the ability to promote and utilize research results,
- experience in teaching and education,
- ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation,
For further information about the postdoc, please contact project manager Associate Professor Sine Lehn at firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +45 46 74 31 39 or Dean Anders Siig Andersen email@example.com tel:+45 46 74 27 98
Terms of employment
The employment is 37 hours per week and you will refer to Dean Anders Siig Andersen. The position will be filled according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) and Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
After the deadline for applications the Head of Department will shortlist applicants for assessment with assistance from the recruitment committee including the chairperson of the assessment committee. Shortly after the application deadline all applicants will be notified whether or not their application has been selected for assessment. The shortlisted applicants will be informed about the composition of the assessment committee, and each applicant will be given the opportunity to comment on the composition of the committee and – later on – their assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed, all applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application.
To apply for the position go to www.ruc.dk/en/job/
Only applications in English are accepted.
Applications must include:
1. Cover letter
3. Documentation of education
4. Teaching portfolio (read more about teaching portfolio at Roskilde University here)
5. A complete list of publications
6. A maximum of 5 relevant scientific works that you want included in the assessment
If any of the publications that you want included in the assessment are the result of a joint effort, the extent and the nature of your contribution to each individual work must then be clarified in a co-author statement (find template here)
Please submit your application no later than October 1, 2020.
Material received after this date will not be taken into consideration.
Roskilde University wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Roskilde University’s foremost task is to engage in experimental and innovative forms of learning, research and problem-solving that contribute to progress in society. We educate skilled, interdisciplinary graduates and produce scientific results of the highest quality through transparency, engagement and knowledge-sharing.
Roskilde University has 9000 students, 880 employees and an annual turnover of DKK 740 million
Post expires on Thursday October 1st, 2020