At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology a position as Postdoc in Computer Vision is open for appointment from September 1st, 2019 to January 31st, 2020.The Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology has as its goal the development of an innovative cluster of engineering-based environments for education and research which integrate creativity, engineering and technology within the disciplines of architecture, urban design, industrial design, digital design and interactive media. The department is a leading research and educational environment in Denmark that addresses the challenge of the interplay between creativity and technology, and develops new areas in research and education directed towards the end-user
The position is associated to the Visual Analysis of People Lab (http://www.vap.aau.dk/) that focuses on all aspects of image analysis and computer vision methods.
The position is linked to a research project on AI & Ethics.
The applicant should have a PhD degree within computer vision or similar. The ideal candidate has already been involved in computer vision research and has experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning – in the context of Computer Vision.
For more information please contact Professor Thomas B. Moeslund, e-mail: email@example.com.
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Lisbeth Palmelund by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+45) 9940 7553. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Deadline: 8 July 2019
Unit: Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Monday July 8th, 2019