At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience a position as Postdoc in Fungal Batteries for Storing Sustainable Energy is open for appointment from 1 May 2019 to 31 January 2022 or soon hereafter.The Department consists of five sections of which three are located in Aalborg with research and teaching in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology and Environmental Science, one in Copenhagen on Sustainable Biotechnology and one in Esbjerg on Chemical Engineering. Place of employment of the position is Section of Chemical Engineering in Esbjerg.
The position is a part of the research project “Fungal Batteries for Storing Sustainable Energy” funded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation (Denmark). Close collaboration with other partners will be an integrated part of the project.
As the title implies, the project concerns cloning and heterologous production of fungal quinones. This includes molecular cloning of the responsible genes into expression vector and transformation of production strains. The production organisms will be genetically engineered to enhance their production to provide sufficient quinones to be used in a redox flow battery.
We are looking for top candidates and expect the candidate to have the following qualifications:
- Practical experience with experimental research within biotechnology and bioengineering
- Knowledge on fungal secondary metabolites
- Practical experience with heterologous expression
- Good collaboration skills, team spirit and the ability to work independently
- An excellent level of both spoken and written English to accommodate scientific communication and dissemination
We offer the possibility to be part of a strong, dynamic and internationally recognized multi-disciplinary research environment under the headline of chemical engineering. This includes access to state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, a chance to see your research be brought into practice and freedom to develop your research project within the stated framework.
For further information about scientific aspects of the stipend, please contact Associate Professor Jens Laurids Sørensen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Limited teaching within the area can be expected, but also in other study programmes at the University.
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR Partner Lone Lund Ørnsholt by mail email@example.com or phone (+45) 9940 3494. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Deadline: 14 March 2019
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Thursday March 14th, 2019