At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology a position as Postdoc in Performance-Degradation Characterization and Modeling of Lithium-based Batteries is open for appointment in the period 1st of April 2020 to 31 March 2022 or soon thereafter with a strict termination date on 31 August 2022.The Department of Energy Technology is an expanding department covering most fields of Energy Technology ranging from electrical energy (Power Systems, Power Electronics, Electrical Machines to thermal energy including Energy Systems and Fluid Mechanics and Combustion but also mechatronic systems. The department consists of about 300 employees with more than 125 Ph.D. students. The laboratory-facilities are world-class and the research carried out are most often in collaboration with industry.The position is offered in relation to the research program on Battery Storage Systems and the Postdoc will be positioned to the section for Power Electronic Systems. Furthermore, the postdoctoral position is linked to the Sustainable Energy Systems (SENSE) project, which investigates the technical and economic feasibility of using Lithium-ion capacitors for various renewable energy storage applications.
Research areas will be within
• Electrical and thermal characterization of Lithium-based battery cells and packs in laboratory conditions
• Accelerated lifetime testing of Lithium-based battery cells and packs
• Electrical and thermal modeling as well as lifetime modeling of Lithium-based batteries
• State-of-health estimation and diagnostics for battery cells and systems
• Battery pack design and thermal management
Furthermore, experience with COMSOL Multiphysics and/or ANSYS represents an advantage.
The ideal candidate has published in international journals and has research activities within ideally all the above mentioned research fields. Limited teaching within the area can be expected, but also in other study programmes at the University.
You may obtain further professional information from Associate Professor Daniel-Ioan Stroe, phone +45 3062 2589, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Sanne Vestergaard Hejlesen by mail email@example.com or phone (+45) 9940 3972. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here:
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Deadline: 24 February 2020
Unit: Department of Energy Technology
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Monday February 24th, 2020