Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant post doc. in Latin American Business Development at the Department of Management, Society and Communication. The successful candidate’s research will have a strong orientation towards understanding the particular societal, institutional and cultural context of business development in Latin America. It will furthermore be an advantage if the candidate has experience in conducting research on business development in Latin America.
The post doc. is a non-tenured position for a 2-year period with research obligation.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
MSC brings together scholars from a range of research areas within management, communication and the broader social sciences and humanities, studying organisations in global environments and the interaction and interdependencies of business, society and government.
MSC is a significant supplier of research-based teaching to a broad portfolio of programmes, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of:
- (Responsible) Management/Leadership/Governance
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, including Consumer Studies
- Business and Development (with an emphasis on the emerging/growth economies context dimension as well as (social) entrepreneurship & innovation)
- Organisational Communication (Corporate Communication, Strategic Communication, Leadership Communication, Marketing Communication, International Business Communication) and Media Studies
The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed on research potential.
Emphasis is placed on research relevant to the job description.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English and Spanish (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A summary of the candidate’s main strengthens and abilities.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 5 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration)
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level.
- Transcript(s) and a full CV
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
20 August 2019
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Read the job description at the university homepage
Application due: 8/20/2019
With some 21.500 full and part-time students, 630 full-time faculty members, 200 PhD and 680 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems, culture and languages.
Post expires on Tuesday August 20th, 2019