About the PhD project
This PhD project focuses on the application of distributed AI for prediction and scheduling of the demand side in electrical distribution grids, including modelling and simulating demand respond towards different electricity pricing models, optimal policies and regulative frameworks to resolve local distribution grid congestion and increase the integration of distributed renewable energy resources and electric vehicles in the distribution grid.
About the research environment
Center for Energy Informatics is an interdisciplinary industry-oriented research and innovation center with an international outlook. The center focuses on development of innovative solutions that can facilitate the global transition towards a sustainable energy system.
The Sino-Danish Center is part of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and facilitates collaboration between Danish and Chinese researchers. Research at the Sino-Danish Center focuses on the energy challenges the world are facing.
The PhD project is part of the Sino-Danish Center’s Sustainable Energy Systems program and will include a research stay in Beijing of 7.5 months.
About the candidate
We are looking for a highly-motivated and ambitious student with excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), who can work well in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics. The candidate should have a master’s degree in engineering or natural science, preferably with experience in programming.
Further information is available from Head of Centre, Professor, PhD, Bo Nørregaard Jørgensen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of employment
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) at the time of enrollment and employment. Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of sideline employment, while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty.
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process.
The application deadline is 30.09.2020.
The application must be in English and must include – the required forms must be found at the above mentioned Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- References, if any. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, if available. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Deadline: 30 September 2020
Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Wednesday September 30th, 2020