The candidate will be integrated in the unit SDU Robotics that is at the core of the Odense Robotics Cluster involving 130+ startups and established companies in robotics. We are specialized in robot solutions involving modelling, simulation and control of advanced robot technologies for industrial, welfare and medical applications.
The group is involved in a variety of national and European projects and features a strong network of academic and industrial partners. We solve challenging research problems from real applications and implement novel robot solutions. In particular, the candidate will contribute to developing control algorithms in relation to the MADE FAST project.
About the PhD project
The PhD project focuses on robot control and easy programming of robots for industrial automation. In particular, modelling and control strategies for robots in contact with the environment should be developed. The idea is to parameterize the control strategies based on the environment models. The PhD candidate should be working in the research project MADE FAST which focuses on robot control strategies derived from CAD data of the task to be completed. During the project, the developments should be validated on various use cases in laboratory environments.
About the candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious PhD fellow with a solid background in robotics and experience with force control and motion planning. The candidate is expected to have a Master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) in Robotics or similar. The candidate should be fluent in English (written and spoken) and should be comfortable working in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics. The ideal candidate is competent to acquire skills to conduct high-quality research and present and publish the outcome of the project at conferences and scientific journals. The candidate is expected to take part in the teaching activities of the SDU Robotics.
Further information about this position is available via email from Associate Professor Christoffer Sloth email@example.com.
Conditions of employment
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) at the time of enrollment and employment. Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of sideline employment, while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty.
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process. Shortlisting may be used. Shortlisted applicants will be assessed by an assessment panel.
The application deadline is 17.12.2020.
The application must be in English and must include – the required forms must be found at the above mentioned Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- References, if any. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, if available. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Deadline: 17 December 2020
Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Thursday December 17th, 2020