At Mälardalen University people meet who want
to develop themselves and the future. Our 15 000 students read courses
and study programmes in Business, Health, Engineering and Education. We
conduct research within all areas of education and have internationally
outstanding research in future energy and embedded systems. Our close
cooperation with the private and public sectors enables us at MDH to
help people feel better and the earth to last longer. Mälardalen
University is located on both sides of Lake Mälaren with campuses in
Eskilstuna and Västerås.
At the School of Innovation, Design and Engineering our students are studying to be for example innovators, entrepreneurs, illustrators, communications officers, network technicians and engineers. Here we have the research specialisations of Embedded Systems, and Innovation and Product Realisation. Our work takes place in cooperation with and in strategic agreements with companies, organisations and public authorities in the region.
We now open several PhD positions within the research environment Innovation and product realization (IPR). Research is of a cross-disciplinary character and addresses several areas, including Information Design, Product and Production Development, Workplace Innovation and Quality Management, and Value-driven Innovation and Foresight. IPR is a dynamic and stimulating research environment with a balanced mix of senior and younger researchers.
Employment: Temporary employment
Scope: Full time
Closing date for application: 2019-05-20
Campus location: Eskilstuna
School: School of Innovation, Design and Engineering, (IDT)
The PhD positions are full-time temporary positions for 5 years, where 20% of the time is allocated for teaching or administrative assignments. Each PhD candidate will perform research in collaboration with industry or other organizations.
Potential research topics are:
- Product design for sustainability and circularity
- Efficient execution of R&D projects
- Management of production development in an international context
- Self-assessment as a means to support manufacturing improvements
- Group creativity for sustainability and well-being
- Development of innovation and quality management practices
- Sustainable practices and culture in innovation/quality management
- Interactive design with focus on Industry 4.0 as well as health or welfare technologies
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle courses and study programmes at a higher education may be appointed to doctoral studentships. For futher information see Chapter 5 of the Higher Education Ordinance (SFS 1993:100).
A candidate for the positions must have:
- A Master´s degree in a field relevant for the positions and the potential research topics
- Strong interests in research
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and in teams that might be cross-disciplinary
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts and networks with research partners in academia, industry or other organisations
Decisive importance is attached to personal suitability. We value the qualities that an even distribution of age and gender, as well as ethnic and cultural diversity, can contribute to the organization.
- Interests in pedagogics and teaching
- Interests in pursuing a career in academia
- Skills in Swedish or willingness to learn the language.
Personal characteristics will play a key role for selecting candidates.
Application is made online. Make your application by clicking the “Apply” button below.
The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application is complete in accordance with the advertisement and will reach the University no later than closing date for application.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We decline all contact with recruiters and salespersons of advertisements. We have made our strategic choices for this recruitment.
Prof. Glenn Johansson
Director of the research environment
Prof. Yvonne Eriksson
Vice dean of School of IDT
Michaël Le Duc
Union representative (SACO)
+46 (0)21-10 14 02
Union representative (OFR)
+46 (0)21-10 14 89
Post expires on Monday May 20th, 2019