The School of Engineering, Materials and Manufacturing
The School of Engineering is one of four schools within Jönköping University. We offer attractive technical education at undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct advanced research in several technological areas. The School of Engineering is able to award doctorates in the area of industrial product realization. We collaborate with the surrounding society to develop new technology and spread knowledge to strengthen the competitiveness of companies. Working with us, you are close to colleagues in an international environment with great opportunities to influence and develop.
The department of materials and manufacturing today consists of 35 researchers and PhD students with background in material science, chemistry, mechanics and physics. The research is interdisciplinary and includes the whole chain from casting and coating process and material properties to materials science as well as modelling and simulation. There are 4 main research areas that work closely: Al and other light alloys, cast iron, surface technology and simulation and optimization technology. They form a cutting edge research group at Jönköping University and School of Engineering and have a well-equipped experimental lab for both manufacturing processes and materials characterization. Besides their fundamental research requirements, most of our research projects are industrial oriented and involve high-tech industrial partners.
We are looking for a researcher:
- Responsible for the development experimental and research activities related to non-permanent moulding materials at casting of metals.
- Responsible for development of moulding material recycling at casting.
- Active development of network with industrial partners including casting producers and industrial suppliers.
- Submission of research applications and research plans in collaboration with industrial partners.
- Leading and performing advanced research activities involving both academic and industrial participants.
- Responsible to develop experimental facilities and methods belonging to non-permanent moulding materials at casting of metals.
- Some teaching, supervision and institutional activities will be included.
The candidate must have a PhD degree in materials engineering field and experience from research projects in the field of non-permanent molding materials performed in collaboration between universities and industrial participants. You need to be fluent in English, both orally and written.
The successful candidate is truly interested in experimental work, pays attention to the reliability and quality of the produced work, has passion for research and eagerly welcomes new challenges, is self-driven, result-oriented and can conduct teamwork in an international and multicultural environment in a respectful manner.
It is merited if you have:
- a specialization within foundry technology
- practical experience in characterization and investigation of thermal and mechanical properties of granular minerals: quartz, olivine, chromite and zirconium-based sand.
- experience of thermal analyses and numerical interpretation of casting phenomena.
- skills in modelling and simulation of phenomena related to casting of metals.
- experience from teaching in related topics and pedagogical education for teaching in higher education.
- passable skills in Swedish, both orally and written
Full time employment (100%) until further notice. Collective agreements applicable and we have individuell sallary setting.
Please read applicable parts of “Appointment Procedure at Jönköping University“
For further information about the position please contact; Research area leader; Attila Dioszegi, +46-36-101656, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of department, Salem Seifeddine, +46 -36-101662, email: email@example.com or Union representative (Saco-s), Mikael Palmgren, +46-36-101647, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, OFR, Thomas Axelsson, +46-36-101076, email: email@example.com
Welcome with your application no later April 10, 2019. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- CV, including attested documents (transcript, degree diplomas, evidence of prior teaching and/or industry experience).
- Contact information (name, phone numbers and email) of at least 2 references.
Jönköping University is a modern institution, characterized by internationalization and an entrepreneurial spirit. We attract highly qualified, inventive and enterprising people from all around the world. We develop new knowledge and share our expertise through solid collaborations with industry and business, the public sector and other higher education institutions. We offer an equal and inclusive workplace and we welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. For more information, visit www.ju.se
Read the job description at the university homepage
Login and apply
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||10.Apr.2019 11:59 PM CET|