The LUT Business School is looking for a junior researcher (doctoral student) in international business and entrepreneurship to strengthen its International Business and Entrepreneurship team. We are looking for a curious mind who is interested in the reasoning behind managerial decision-making for internationalization.
The doctoral student will be jointly supervised by Professor Tanja Leppäaho (LUT University, Business School) and Professor Christopher Graves (University of Adelaide, Australia). The doctoral student is expected to spend three months in the University of Adelaide during doctoral studies.
You must have a higher university degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g. entrepreneurship, international business, management, linguistics, psychology) and the ability and motivation to complete the doctoral studies within their normative duration (i.e. four years). A fluent written and spoken proficiency in English is required. Finnish language is regarded as a further advantage, but is not required.
- be interested in writing a dissertation on research areas such as:
- reasoning behind managerial decision-making for firm internationalization
- firm internationalization process
- managerial decision-making within family firms
- have basic knowledge on firm internationalization, managerial decision-making and qualitative research methods
- be ready to spend 3–4 months in the University of Adelaide during the doctoral studies
- Completion of the doctoral degree within four years
- Assisting in teaching
- Participation in research projects
What we offer
- An opportunity to launch a successful academic career and to become an expert in managerial deicison-making and firm internationalization
- A four-year (1+3 years) employment contract for completing the doctoral degree
- An employment contract can be concluded only if the candidate obtains the right to pursue postgraduate studies at LUT University
- The contract will be made initially for one year and can be extended by three years provided that the studies and research have progressed successfully
- Encouraging and supportive supervision by and research collaboration with Professor Tanja Leppäaho (LUT University, Business School) and Professor Christopher Graves (University of Adelaide, Australia).
The work will start in August–October 2023 (negotiable) with a six-month trial period. The job is based in Lappeenranta, Finland. The typical gross annual starting salary for a junior researcher is approximately 30 800 euros (plus a holiday bonus in accordance with the collective agreement).
How to apply
Please submit all the application materials in English:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A copy of your degree certificate; if the original documents are not in English, Finnish or Swedish, each document must be accompanied by an official certified translation into English or Finnish
- A motivation letter: an account of your merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 2 pages)
- A research plan (3–5 pages) on the subject area presenting your preliminary dissertation research plan with a review of relevant literature, research gap and potential research questions as well as planned research methods and data.
The deadline for applications is 31 May 2023, at midnight Finnish local time (UTC +3h). Please submit your application together with the required attachments through the university’s online application system.
For more information, please contactProfessor Tanja Leppäaho (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Read more LUT as an employer and LUT Doctoral School
In addition to LUT University, the applications will be processed at University of Adelaide, by Prof. Christopher Graves.
LUT University | Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of nearly 8 000 members. Our campuses are in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland. We are the world’s ninth best university for climate action. lut.fi/en
Technical support for using the online recruitment system: email@example.com.
Read the job description at the university homepage
Application period starts: 2023-04-25 09:00
Application period ends: 2023-05-31 23:59
Post expires on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
You must be logged in to post a comment.