School of Engineering Sciences at KTH
The postdoc position entails work in super-resolution microscopy, and specifically automation of STED and RESOLFT nanoscopy. This work will involve all steps from development of hardware and software solutions to automated STED imaging, through application of the developed methods to neuroscientific questions, to automated analysis and interpretation of the experimental data. Specific focus will be put on the method development aspect, including optical implementations and control software development. You will be working together with several other researchers, postdocs and PhD students in the group.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- Applicants should have a doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in a subject relevant for the research, such as physics or engineering. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Candidates should have excellent knowledge of English and have the ability to express it in both spoken and written form since it is required in the daily work.
- The candidate should have documented experience from research and development in super resolution microscopy and image analysis.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience in developing and applying STED nanoscopy
- Experience in neuronal imaging
- Experience in developing microscope automation
- Experience in automated image analysis
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- As a person you are autonomous, able to take initiatives and have a professional maturity. Additionally, we would like the candidate to have good communication skills and to have the ability to cooperate inside the team, as well as having a strong analytical and problem solving ability. Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Maximum one page long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Deadline: 2023-06-01 at 23:59
Unit: School of Engineering Sciences at KTH
Read the job description at the university homepage or apply.
Post expires on Thursday June 1st, 2023