KTH, School of Industrial Engineering and Management
Heat pumping technologies for refrigeration and heating applications are playing a significant role in our future energy systems, particularly with the current energy situation in Europe. The postdoctoral researcher should be able to do high quality research on further development of heat pumping technologies. For example, one of the main focus areas of the postdoc’s research will be on the safe use of flammable refrigerants in heat pumps and refrigeration systems. The candidate is expected to be an active member of division of applied Thermodynamics and Refrigeration at KTH, working with existing projects and courses and develop new projects.
What we offer
- An international workplace with many employee benefits
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- You will do research and teach at an institution that is active and supportive in matters pertaining to working conditions, gender equality and diversity as well as societal impact
- Work in Stockholm, one of Europe’s fastest growing capitals, in close proximity to nature and the sea
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- High impact research and educational activities in close collaboration with Industries, policy makers, and internationally recognized research institutes
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made
- Experimental experience and knowledge in heat pumps and refrigeration systems
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience of teaching in combustible media, heat transfer and refrigeration technology
- Previous experience on Numerical CFD studies
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
In order to succeed as a post-doctoral researcher at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- Ability to independently pursue his or her work
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to analyze and work with complex issues
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH’s webpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Deadline: 2023-04-03 at 23:59
Unit: KTH, School of Industrial Engineering and Management
Read the job description at the university homepage or apply.
Post expires on Monday April 3rd, 2023