The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) invites applications for a 3-year position as PhD in the area of Power Capacitors and their applications. The position is located at the section Electrical Engineering in Sønderborg within the Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE). Starting date is September 1st, 2023.
The task portfolio of the PhD will be linked to several projects within CIE. CIE is embedded in a powerhouse in electronics, which includes researchers and developers at universities and industries on both sides of the Danish-German border. CIE is a new initiative striving for high quality and great impact of its research, innovation, and education. Central to achieving this objective is access to state-of-the-art facilities and close collaborations with industries.
The aim of the position is to build strong knowledge and competencies within modern electrolytic including development of lifetime models and material characterization to produce a state-of-the art high voltage electrolytic capacitor.
- You will conduct research in the field of modern electrolytic capacitors, develop models for lifetime prediction, methods to predict and test for reliability, understand physics of failures at elevated temperature. Research should be validated by theoretical, modelling, and experimental methods.
- You will participate in planning, execution, and documentation of projects with industrial partners.
- You will be involved in the daily supervision of master and bachelor students.
- You will publish and present your work both at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
- You will assist in teaching activities.
Profile and requirements
- You have a master’s degree in Power Electronics, Physics, Chemistry, or related fields.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- You are interested in a longer-term commitment in a growing research group and you are willing to work in close cooperation with industry.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Further information is available Associate Professor Thomas Ebel, Head of CIE, phone: +45 6550 1288, email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be assessed by an expert. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the Faculty.
An interview will be part of the assessment process. Shortlisting may be applied.
Conditions of employment
Employment as PhD student is a temporary position. The employment will cease without further notice at the end of the period. However, given appropriate finances, the possibility for contract extension is available.
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD education signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
Research will be predominant in the position. Teaching assignments can be agreed individually. Furthermore, other types of assignments may occur.
The Faculty determines the distribution of the various assignments. The weighting of the different assignments may vary over time.
The Faculty expects applicants to read the Faculty information for prospective PhD students and the SDU information on How to apply before applying.
All pdf-files must be unlocked and allow binding and may not be password protected.
In case you have more than one file per field you need to combine the pdf-files into a single file, as each field handles only one file.
Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
The applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc, PhD) – Danish or English transcripts
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
The application must be in English.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
Deadline: 2023-06-01 at 23:59
Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Read the job description at the university homepage or apply.
Post expires on Thursday June 1st, 2023