Postdoctoral Research Fellow (3 years) at the Department of Clinical Science
UiB – Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, a full-time position as postdoctoral research fellow is available for a period of three (3) years. The position is part of the project ”System dynamics approach Using Chemical Compounds to Elucidate the Structure of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (SUCCESS)”, financed by Novo Nordisk Foundation.
About the project/work tasks:
- Reprogramming of patient fibroblasts into induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)
- Directed differentiation of iPSCs towards endocrine cell lineages
- Gene editing and characterization of iPSC-based models with various techniques
- Participation in obtaining clinical information and biobank material
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within Life Sciences, or have the doctoral thesis submitted prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded and at the latest within 5 months after the closing date for applications.
- The successful applicant must demonstrate experience in stem cell or developmental biology methods
- Experience in gene editing methods will be emphasized in the evaluation
- Previous scientific merits will be strongly emphasized in the evaluation
- Experience with research in endocrine diseases, will be emphasized in the evaluation
- Personal skills, including independence, abilities to cooperate within a research group, a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research will emphasized in the evaluation
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. You cannot be employed as a postdoctoral research fellow for more than one fixed term period at the same institution.
The employee may be assigned required duties in the form of teaching and similar work at the department.
The fixed term period for the position is three years, with the possibility of an extension of the period with up to one year if a research-related stay abroad shall be included in the employment period.
See regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Research Fellow etc.
We can offer:
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- Salary NOK 573 900 (code 1352, pay grade 62) in the state salary scale. For applicants with a degree in Medicine or Dentistry, salary NOK 584 700 (code 1352, pay grade 63). For applicants with a medical specialization, salary NOK 615 000 (code 1352, pay grade 66)
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant`s research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- Transcripts and diplomas (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations) and documentation of submitted doctoral thesis
- Complete list of publications
- Publications (pdf) it is important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety
- Two references (name and contact information)
Further information about the position can be obtained from: Professor Helge Ræder (PI), phone: + 47 55 97 52 63, e-mail: Helge.Rader@uib.no
The University of Bergen must follow Norway’s export control regulations when processing applications for this position.
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principles of public access to information when recruiting staff to academic positions. Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if their request is not met.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.
About The University of Bergen (UiB)
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and eight centres at Faculty of Medicine.
Read More about the faculty and departments.
Deadline: 2023-04-10 at 23:59
Unit: Department of Clinical Science
Read the job description at the university homepage or apply.
Post expires on Monday April 10th, 2023