The Department of Clinical Medicine at Faculty of Health, Aarhus University invites applications for a position as Postdoc in the field of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, lymphoma in the skin as per 1 May 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is a fixed-term 2-year full-time position.
Department of Clinical Medicine
As a postdoc at Department of Clinical Medicine, you will be part of what is probably the largest health science research department in Denmark. Our clinical research covers all the medical specialties and takes place in close collaboration with the university hospital and the regional hospitals in the Central Denmark Region. We have approx. 30,000 square metres of modern research facilities for experimental surgery and medicine, animal facilities and also advanced scanners at our disposal. The department has overall responsibility for the Master's degree programs in medicine and in molecular medicine. At the department we are approx. 425 academic employees and the same number of PhD students cooperating across disciplines. As a postdoc, you will be working on Department of Dermatology, Aarhus University Hospital. You can read more about the department here and about the faculty here.
About the research project
The postdoc position is part of a joint project between Department of Dermatology, Aarhus University Hospital, Clinical Medicine, Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital and Skin Immunology Research Center, University of Copenhagen. This project will investigate circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) for detection of disease progression and treatment response in patients with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL). The patient samples have already been collected and the method for ctDNA analysis and data interpretation is established at Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, who will be an important collaborative part of the project.
The molecular function of the identified ctDNA will be investigated in in vitro studies using tumor cell lines derived from skin lesions from patients with CTCL. All facilities needed for in vitro studies are available in our research lab at Department of Dermatology, Aarhus University Hospital.
Our established CTCL research has a translational profile including epidemiological research, clinical research, molecular research based on biopsies/blood samples from CTCL patients and in vitro studies. It will thus be possible to extend the findings in the present research project to all levels of translational research.
It will be possible to have a shared working place at Department of Dermatology, Aarhus University Hospital and Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital to establish the most optimal and dynamic research environment. Moreover, our research group has a close collaboration with experienced researchers in this specific research field at Skin Immunology Research Center, University of Copenhagen.
Your job responsibilities
As Postdoc in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma your position is primarily research-based but may also involve teaching assignments. You will contribute to the development of the department through research of high international quality. In your daily work, you will work closely with colleagues on your project, where you will receive supervision and guidance.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Independent research of high international quality, including publication.
- You will be part of an interdisciplinary research team where your primary responsibility will be to conduct ctDNA analysis and interpretation and to perform in vitro studies. This will be done in close collaboration with researchers at Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital who will also provide bioinformatic assistance for the project.
You will report to professor of the Department Claus Johansen.
You have academic qualifications at PhD level, preferably within one or more of the following areas: The ideal candidate would have experience with molecular biology in general as well as cell culturing. Knowledge of T-cells and skin biology would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
As a person, you are ambitious, take ownership and possess good communication and interpersonal skills. We expect you to be fluent in oral and written English.
In order to be assessed as qualified for a Postdoc position, you must meet these academic criteria.
Questions about the position
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Professor of the Department Claus Johansen tel.: (+45) 28156065.
Your place of work will be the Department of Clinical Medicine, Palle Juul-Jensens Boulevard 82, DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark.
We expect to conduct interviews in March/April 2023.
Terms of employment
- Appointment as a postdoc requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the Salary agreement catalogue for staff at Health.
- The yearly base salary for a fulltime postdoc is between DKK 475.113,77 and DKK 528.595,68 depending on the years of working experience after achieved MSc degree. The base salary includes a position related supplement and pension (17.1 %). Additional supplement(s) for special qualifications can be negotiated. Authorisation supplemement(s) will be granted, if relevant for the position. Your local eligible trade union representative at Aarhus University negotiates your salary on your behalf.
- Researchers recruited from abroad are offered a special researcher tax scheme with a lower tax rate.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Template for applicant – postdoc
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- A maximum of five of the publications of greatest relevance to the job may be submitted (optional)
- Research plan can be uploaded (optional)
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded (optional)
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system (optional)
We refer to the faculty’s Guidelines for applicants.
The assessment committee may decide to include non-submitted material in its statement. In such cases, you will be informed and obliged to submit material, unless your application is withdrawn.
Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.
Letter of reference
If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including relocation service and career counselling to expat partners. Please find more information about entering and working in Denmark here. Aarhus University also has a Junior Researcher Development Programme. You can read more about it here.
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University's website.
Deadline: 2023-03-22 at 23:59
Unit: Department of Clinical Medicine – Dept.o.Dermatology and Venereology – Faculty: Health
Read the job description at the university homepage or apply.
Post expires on Wednesday March 22nd, 2023