Postdoc in Entrepreneurial Research Project with Spinouts Denmark
In collaboration with Spin-outs Denmark, the Research Support Office (RSO) and Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship (CSE), Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant post-doctoral position where the applicant will pursue the process of turning their prior academic SSH research into a commercial product or service.
This postdoc will explore the potential for a research-based project to reach market and deliver value, while contributing to the emergent body of knowledge about academic entrepreneurship.
The ideal candidate for the position will be a recent or nearly graduated PhD candidate with a demonstrated project developed from SSH research, with an interest in exploring the process of translating research into a market product or service. The project may be a profitable or not-for-profit venture with a clear problem, solution, prototype and plan for taking the product to market, unless there is already traction. The project should have a strategy, team and timeline of how the solution is estimated to develop and make an impact.
Candidates are expected to:
- Become a part of the relevant academic department, contribute to the development and enhancement of the Department’s research areas, and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Become aligned to the academic entrepreneurship unit at CSE that works with the CBS research community to explore the impact of their research at CBS.
- Contribute to the research environment in regard to academic entrepreneurship through active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Become a part of the Spin-outs Denmark Postdoc community and share insights through peer learning.
- Perform research meeting high international standards within the field relevant to the position, through participating in both individual and group-based research projects.
- Communicate research to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular.
Profile of Spin-outs Denmark
Spin-outs Denmark is a unique and unprecedented collaboration between all eight universities in the country to deliver concrete value by lifting both the number and quality of research-based companies and thus promoting the business creations (spin-outs) originating from the Danish universities.
The project is generously funded by VILLUM FONDEN. The project’s resources are spent on three instruments:
- Capacity and competence building of university technology transfer.
- Professional and financial support for researchers who have the potential to become an entrepreneur.
- Building a strong and well-functioning entrepreneurial community.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals in the field and/or books in recognized academic publishers. A postdoc is a position where emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a relevant research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Social and communicative skills.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Period of Employment
The postdoc is a fixed term position of one year.
The applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on campus on a regular basis and actively participate in the research activities.
To apply for the Postdoc applicants must submit:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry cooperation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration. In case of publications with multiple authors, specify the contribution that the applicant has made in the publication.
Furthermore, to be eligible for the Spin-outs Denmark Programme, applicants must submit:
Invention disclosure form
- 1:1 meeting and statement criteria which should address the following four statements:
- The science has been validated
- There is a potential for a spin-out
- The researcher(s) are committed to spin-out formation
- The project has IPR considerations
Application deadline: 29 March 2023
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
For further information please contact CSE Interim Director Ashlea Wallington (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Research Support Office Jane Finnerup Johnsen (email@example.com) or Rikke L. Storgaard (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Spinouts Denmark.
Information about CSE can be found at cse.cbs.dk
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application deadline: 29 March 2023
Deadline: 2023-03-29 at 23:59
Unit: Social Sciences/Economics
Read the job description at the university homepage or apply.
Post expires on Wednesday March 29th, 2023