School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH
The postdoctoral research position is within the Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits and Systems group at EECS/EES. The group performs research on the development of high-performance, low-power ASICs and system solutions for various applications that range from biomedical and wireless communication to emerging technologies, such as M3D, SiC, spintronics and non-conventional computing. A short summary of our activities is at: https://www.kth.se/profile/arusu/
The successful candidate will contribute to one of our research projects dedicated to emerging non-conventional computing architectures, specifically analog CMOS Ising Machine architectures. The research project concerns the exploration and development of large-scale analog CMOS Ising Machine solutions for practically relevant complex combinatorial optimization problems. Specifically, this project aims to propose a fully-integrated energy-efficient and compact analog CMOS Ising Machine solution for large-scale networks, able to outperform state-of-the-art networks in a wide range of applications.
The position might include other duties outside the project (max. 20%) in the form of teaching and student supervision.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Proven research expertise in CMOS ASIC design and evaluation.
- Strong background in math and nonlinear dynamics and circuits.
- Knowledge of non-conventional computing technologies.
- Written and spoken English proficiency
- Very good communication, and teamwork skills.
- Strong motivation and ability to work independently.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Teaching abilities and documented student supervision.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, notably regarding gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English Swedish if the original documents are not issued in either of these languages.
- Brief statement of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests within the research project’s subject and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Maximum 2 pages long.
- A list of your five most meritorious scientific articles. For each article, you must briefly explain how your article proves your scientific skill and what you contributed to the article. At least three of the articles must be published in top-tier scientific journals/conference proceedings in your field.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Deadline: 2023-04-30 at 23:59
Unit: School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH
Read the job description at the university homepage or apply.
Post expires on Sunday April 30th, 2023