Early Stage Researcher, Business Studies (two positions)
We are now inviting applications for two Early Stage Researcher (Doctoral Researcher) positions in the Doctoral Programme in Business Studies on the Joensuu or Kuopio Campus, beginning on 1 October 2022. Read more below and submit your application no later than 31 May 2022.
Position and salary
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies is inviting applications for two Early Stage Researcher positions in the Doctoral Programme in Business Studies. The Doctoral Programme in Business Studies (DPBUSINESS) generates research expertise in business studies that goes beyond traditional discipline boundaries and meets international requirements.
The main duty of the Early Stage Researcher is to conduct doctoral research in accordance with an approved research proposal. The Early Stage Researcher will work at the Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies on the Joensuu or Kuopio Campus.
The Early Stage Researcher positions shall be filled as of 1 October 2022 for two years. The position is full-time, enabling full-time work on the doctoral dissertation. Early Stage Researcher positions are always filled for a fixed term. A trial period is applied to new holders of a position.
The salary of the position is based on the salary system for the teaching and research staff at universities. The salary consists of the job-related salary element and the personal performance salary element. For this position, the job requirement level used to determine the job-related salary element is 2–4 (2,108.40€ – 2,628.85€), and the personal performance salary element is 6–50% of the job-related salary element. The salary of an Early Stage Researcher depends on the phase of the doctoral dissertation and postgraduate studies as well as personal performance.
Our requirements and expectations
Persons with a suitable higher university degree or a suitable foreign education qualifying for equivalent university studies in the country concerned are eligible to apply for the Early Stage Researcher position. They must also have qualifications to pursue postgraduate studies.
A person who is planning or completing their first doctoral degree can be appointed to the Early Stage Researcher position. The person to be appointed must have a valid right to pursue postgraduate studies in Business Studies at the University of Eastern Finland no later than from 1 October 2022.
When filling the position, consideration will be given to the applicant’s research proposal, language skills required for the Early Stage Researcher position, earlier academic performance, international orientation, achievements in research, duration of possible previous funding received for doctoral research and its progress, as well as an assessment of the applicant’s possibilities for carrying out the research and the studies.
The research proposal will be evaluated on the following criteria: linkage of the research with the themes of e-leadership and digital communication; scientific and societal relevance; objectives; theoretical framework and concepts; mastery of the research literature; plan for the collection of data and analysis methods; plan covering a timetable, publications and funding; analysis of ethical viewpoints; and the scientific level and innovativeness of the research proposal.
What we can offer you
- An interesting position in an international, creative, participatory and engaging university community,
- The possibility of flexible multi-location work,
- Possibility for international collaboration as part of the research team,
- Staff benefits of the University of Eastern Finland, including comprehensive occupational health care, versatile staff training opportunities, affordable campus restaurant lunches and Sykettä sports services.
How to apply
The application shall be submitted no later than 31 May 2022 (by 24.00 hours Finnish time) by using the electronic application form.
The objective is for the faculty to decide on the person to be appointed to the positions by the end of August 2022.
Please note that the application is required to have the following appendices:
- Curriculum vitae (https://tenk.fi/en/advice-and-materials/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae)
- List of publications (https://www.aka.fi/en/research-funding/apply-for-funding/how-to-apply-for-funding/az-index-of-application-guidelines2/list-of-publications/)
- Research proposal that adheres to the guidelines of the doctoral programme. Postgraduate students already enrolled must submit an updated research proposal (https://www.uef.fi/en/uef-doctoral-school)
- Copy of the diploma and transcript of academic records proving the applicant to be eligible to pursue postgraduate studies. The documents must be in either Finnish or English. For translated documents, only a Diploma Supplement issued by the higher education institution in question and/or other official translations issued by the higher education institution or a sworn translator are accepted.
- Copies of certificates of proficiency in languages, unless language proficiency is otherwise evidenced from degree diplomas.
For more information on the position, please contact Professor Juho Pesonen, tel. +358 29 445 5346, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information relating to the application procedure, please contact Human Resources Coordinator Airi Leppänen, tel. +358 29 445 5171, email@example.com.
University of Eastern Finland and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies in brief
The University of Eastern Finland is one of the most multidisciplinary universities in Finland, offering education in nearly 100 major subjects. We have a staff of 2,750 members, and our academic community comprises around 16,000 degree students and more than 27,000 adult education students. Our campuses are located in Joensuu and in Kuopio. Our research is ranked among the best in the world in several fields. We generate research-based knowledge and make it openly accessible for the benefit of all. UEF stands for action with impact that is relevant today and tomorrow. To learn more about our university please visit our website at www.uef.fi/en.
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies operates in the two UEF campuses in Kuopio and Joensuu. The faculty trains professionals and experts in the areas of history and geography, business sciences, law, social sciences and social and health care leadership. The research done in the faculty is strongly tied to the areas recognized in the university strategy. The faculty has about 4,480 basic degree students and about 500 active postgraduate students. The faculty has 335 staff. https://www.uef.fi/en/faculty-of-social-sciences-and-business-studies
Post expires on tirsdag maj 31st, 2022