Do you like working in the intersection between biology and data, and apply cutting edge omics analyses in drug discovery? Then this job might be right for you. We are looking for bioinformaticians with excellent knowledge of biology to join our growing team of Bioinformatics specialists supporting drug discovery and development in Novo Nordisk.
About the department
The Department of Bioinformatics and Data Mining combines strong computational skills with biological insights through the integrative analysis of internal and external biomedical data. Our analytical expertise spans a wide range of areas, from sequence analysis, many different omics, pathway analysis, to text-mining. We contribute to all aspects of pre-clinical research projects at Novo Nordisk, where we act as bioinformatics and data analysis experts and participate in external collaborations with academic and biotech partners. Our work results in real impacts on new medicines for highly important diseases of unmet medical need.
Your main responsibility will be to drive a strong scientific agenda and work closely with our other scientists as bioinformatics expert to deliver fit-for-purpose bioinformatics solutions impacting decision making in pre-clinical drug discovery projects. You will bring a combination of analytical capability, bioinformatics skills and disease biology to identify disease pathways, discover novel targets and biomarkers, and understand disease heterogeneity. With your experience, you will be able to drive innovation and excellence in bioinformatics, advocating novel approaches and methods to accelerate the drug discovery process. You will also be comfortable with working in a dynamic, fast changing environment, and able to communicate complex bioinformatics solutions to scientists from diverse backgrounds.
The main qualifications are as below. If you think some of these qualifications fit you, please apply.
- PhD in Bioinformatics / Computational Science / Biological Sciences or equivalent subjects and a minimum of 5 years` experience in industry
- Expert working knowledge of bioinformatics tools, concepts and approaches required for pharmaceutical drug discovery
- Track record of delivering high impact contributions to target and biomarker discovery projects
- Knowledge of biological mechanisms involved in disease, preferably within metabolic diseases, and particularly in diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, chronic kidney diseases, NASH, and rare genetic diseases
- Demonstrated skills in the analysis of multiple large omics datasets such as transcriptomics and proteomics
- Experience with common bioinformatics programming languages (e.g. Python, R), version control and HPC/cloud computing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to respond to shifting priorities in a dynamic setting
- Great communication skills to thrive in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment
- Experience with data science tools such as Git, Docker, Shiny R, Plotly etc. preferred
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
For further information, please contact Asli Ismihan Ozen, +45 30 75 88 41.
22 January 2021, however we are doing screening and interviewing on an ongoing basis.
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
Read the job description at the university homepage
Post expires on Friday January 22nd, 2021