School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
Postdoc position in enhancing the bacterial Calvin cycle for synthesis of chemicals such as sugars and small acids. The project is envisioned to use mutagenesis of enzymes and regulators within or surrounding the Calvin cycle, as well as high-throughput screening of mutant libraries using droplet microfluidics platform. Mutant strains will be analyzed using proteomics and metabolomics infrastructure in house. The postdoc(s) is expected to work closely with, and advise, graduate students and undergraduates. We anticipate applying such workflows to both cyanobacteria and litho-autotrophic bacteria such as Cupriavidus necator, and are interested in comparing results from these two models.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- We see that you have demonstrated scientific excellence in the form of publication in research journals
- You should also have an Independence in design and execution of research
- Furhtermore, you show a great ability to collaborate within a research team
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
We prefer that you have;
- Expertise in bacterial metabolism, particularly related to central metabolism
- Experience in systems biology data analysis software, such as R or MatLab
- Experience in teaching or training undergraduates in laboratory technique
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Deadline: 2023-02-23 at 23:59
Unit: School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
Post expires on Thursday February 23rd, 2023