The Verif-AI project at ITU Copenhagen needs a full time post-doctoral researcher in natural language processing starting 1 April 2020. The position is for 12 months with an optional extension to 24 months. The project studies multilingual misinformation detection and fact verification; more details on it are available here: https://nlp.itu.dk/2019/10/29/verif-ai-against-misinformation-dff-grant-for-leon-derczynski/. It is led by Dr. Leon Strømberg-Derczynski, who is who is Assistant professorin Computer Science at ITU.
- You must either: (a) hold a PhD in a discipline related to natural language processing; or (b) have an expected PhD award date (with evidence) before 30 June 2020, with all major PhD documents submitted before the position’s start date of 1 April 2020.
- You need to have published academic publications in natural language processing.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills are required.
- Applications from both industry and academia are welcome.
Working at the IT University
We have an open and informal working environment and a varied everyday life. Current faculty in the Computer Science Department is rather diverse, with PhD degrees from 15 different countries.
Working in Copenhagen
Copenhagen has a strong educational system, a rich cultural life, universal healthcare, good childcare, and well-functioning infrastructure. Living and working in Copenhagen will be a good experience for you and your family.
The IT University of Copenhagen is a teaching and research university concerned with information technology (IT) and the opportunities it offers. The IT University has more than 160 full-time academics. Research and teaching in information technology spans all academic activities which
involve computers including computer science, information and media sciences, humanities and social sciences, business impact and the commercialization of IT.
Questions about the positions can be directed to Assistant Professor, Leon Strømberg-Dercynski, IT University of Copenhagen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
The application must be in English and must include:
- A motivated application, including a cogent argument for how qualified you are for the position and brief statements of research and teaching plans
- A full CV, including name, address, phone number, e-mail, previous and present employment and academic background
- Documentation of academic degrees (copy of degree certificates etc.)
- Copies of 3-5 publications relevant to the position.
- A numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- Documentation of pedagogical experience and teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
Applications without the above-mentioned documents will not be assessed.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Appointment Order from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of 13 March 2012.
The IT University may use shortlisting in connection to the recruitment process. In case of shortlisting, the Chair of the hiring committee selects applicants for assessment in consultation with the hiring committee after the application deadline. All applicants are notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The shortlisting of candidates for assessment is based on the criteria in the job posting.
You can only apply for this position through our e-recruitment system. Apply by pushing the button “Apply for position” in the job announcement on our website: http://en.itu.dk/About-ITU/Vacancies.
The IT University uses tests in connection with the recruitment process.
Application deadline: 20 December 2019, at 23:59 CEST.
Applications received after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration. If you submit an application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it arrives before the deadline, so please allow sufficient time for upload of publications and other documents.
Read the job description at the university homepage
Apply for the position
The IT University invites all qualified researchers regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background to apply for the positions.
Post expires on Friday December 20th, 2019