Department of Chemistry
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
The position in synthetic glycochemistry is in the groups of professor Knud J. Jensen and associate professor Nikos S Hatzakis.
The Hatzakis group focuses on structure-function correlations of enzymes by single molecule studies and the role of protein dynamics on biomolecule recognition and regulation. The Jensen group focuses on synthetic carbohydrate, peptide and protein chemistry as well as applications to medicinal chemistry and nanobioscience. The post-doc will be working with synthetic glycochemistry, characterization of glycosidases, and protein expression. Chemoselective modification of carbohydrates and proteins will be central to the project. Post-doc duties may involve a teaching part. The post may also include performance of other duties.
In order to be considered , applicants must have :
• A PhD degree in either in Chemistry, or Nanoscience, or similar field.
• Excellent and documented English communication skills
• A documented experience in
– Synthetic glycochemsitry,
– Protein expression purification and functional or/and structural characterization preferably of glycosidases,
– Protein biochemistry.
• The ideal candidate should be motivated have a strong publication record, be able to work independently within an international, cross-disciplinary group and to supervise students.
Skills of additional interest include
• Previous experience in fluorescent microscopy imaging or with liposomes
• Experience with chemoselective carbohydrate chemistry
The postdoc’s duties will include research within (glycochemistry and biophysics) as well as teaching. The post may also include performance of other duties.
Further information on the Department is linked at https://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the position can be made to (Nikos Hatzakis and Knud Jensen).
The position is open from 1 September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 2 particularly relevant papers
- 2 recommendation letter or (preferably) the name and contact details of two referees
The deadline for applications is 29 July 2022, 23:59 GMT +2.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Deadline: 2022-07-29 at 23:59
Unit: Faculty of Science
Post expires on Friday July 29th, 2022