About the position
A fixed-term 100 % position as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Political Science/Public Administration (for a period of 2 years) is available at the University of Agder, Faculty of Social Science. The position is affiliated with the Department of Political Science and Management. Pending additional funding, the position can possibly be extended to a third year (with responsibilities in teaching and research management). The position is located at Campus Kristiansand. The preferred starting date is December 15, 2022
The candidate is expected to contribute to ongoing research and projects at the Department, which includes, amongst others, two research groups and the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence. For more information about the research profile of the center and the research groups, the candidate is encouraged to visit the departmental website which presents the thematic areas, analytical and theoretical perspectives, selected publications and ongoing projects: https://www.uia.no/om-uia/fakultet/fakultet-for-samfunnsvitenskap/institutter/institutt-for-statsvitenskap-og-ledelsesfag/forskning (in Norwegian only).
Further provisions relating to the positions as Post-doctoral Research Fellows can be found in the Regulations Concerning Terms and Conditions of Employment for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Research Fellow, Research Assistant and Resident.
- a PhD degree in political science, public administration, or equivalent fields. Potential applicants must have had their theses approved by the time of the application deadline.
- fluency in written and oral English is a prerequisite
- good command in written and oral Norwegian
- the PhD should have been awarded within the last five years
- relevant practical experience
Emphasis will be placed upon the project description and the relevance it has with regard to the subject in question and the research environment at the Faculty.
- capacity for independent goal-oriented work
- ability to concentrate, and attention to details
- good teamwork skills
Personal qualities and suitability for the position will be emphasised.
- professional development in a large, exciting, and socially influential organisation
- a positive, inclusive, and diverse working environment
- modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, salary plan 17.510, code 1352, NOK 563 900 – 626 100 gross salary per year. Higher salary grades may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants. A compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory provisions.
UiA is an open and inclusive university. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and makes us better. We, therefore, encourage qualified candidates to apply for the position independent of gender, age, cultural background, disability, or an incomplete CV.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
The successful applicant will have rights and obligations in accordance with the current regulations for the position, and organisational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities of the position must be expected. The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning the acts relating to Control of Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Appointment is made by the University of Agder’s Appointments Committee for Teaching and Research Positions.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. With the applicant’s permission, UiA will also conduct a reference check before appointment. Read more about the employment process.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act § 25 (2), applicants may request that they are not identified in the open list of applicants. The University, however, reserves the right to publish the names of applicants. Applicants will be advised of the University’s intention to exercise this right.
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically. Use the link “Apply for this job”.
The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- certificate with grades
- list of academic publications
- PhD thesis
- up to 10 academic articles and R&D projects which the candidate wishes to particularly emphasise for the assessment process
- project description (no more than 10 pages including bibliography): The project description should consist of a presentation of possible research questions/hypotheses, the theoretical framework, and a progress plan for the proposed postdoctoral project.
- any other relevant documentation
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete digital documentation before the closing date. All documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.
Closing date: 15. August 2022.
For questions about the position:
- Head of Department Professor Stefan Gänzle, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Jarle Trondal, e-mail email@example.com
For questions about the application process:
- Senior Adviser Anna Færavaag, tel. +47 38 14 24 14, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Agder
The University of Agder has more than 1500 employees and almost 14 000 students. This makes us one of the largest workplaces in Southern Norway. Our staff research, teach and disseminate knowledge from a variety of academic fields. Co-creation of knowledge is our common vision. We offer a broad range of study programmes in many fields. We are situated at two modern campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad respectively.
We are an open and inclusive university marked by a culture of cooperation. The aim of the university is to further develop education and research at a high international level.
Read the job description at the university homepage
Apply for this job
15th August 2022
Post expires on Monday August 15th, 2022