At the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Aalborg University Business School, a number of PhD scholarships in Strategy and Organization are open for appointment from 15 August 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
AAUBS is a newly established business school at Aalborg University, a science and technology focused university with world-class research in a number of disciplines. Aalborg University is a founding institution in Problem-Based Learning and with this as a guiding principle, the Business School aims at playing a major role in bridging the gap between business and science by commercializing inventions and generating growth in businesses. The prerequisite for this is relevant research of the highest quality. We have a strategy of publishing our research in leading journals in our fields. We take current trends and issues into account in all the knowledge we produce. Only then can we contribute with business-critical insights that make a difference for society.
For these positions, we are particularly interested in applications from candidates with project proposals in the areas of HRM, strategy and business models e.g. HR analytics and HRM practices as well as strategy and business model development in inter-organizational collaboration in e.g. business park structures, ecosystem development or project-based collaboration on emerging technologies.
Methodologically, the projects can be based on either mixed methods or purely qualitative studies within established companies.
The Strategy, Organization and Management Group at Aalborg University Business School is new research group with focus on organization, strategies and business models of incumbent firm and startups. At the micro-level, the group is particularly interested in leadership, careers, inequality, job satisfaction, promotions and the impact of HRM practices on employees. At the macro-level, organizational change, organizational culture, transformation, digitalization, ecosystems, sustainability and uncertainty are among the current strong interests of the group. The teaching includes core courses in organization and strategy at both the bachelor and master levels at the school. The SOM Group has an ambitious strategy to improve both teaching and research by increasing the outreach and impact of our research projects. We aim at publishing our research at the highest international level
The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward statement from thesis supervisor, verified transcripts, a copy of thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
Please find information on admission requirements for PhD positions on the website of the Doctoral School.
- letter of motivation – maximum 2 pages
- Application form
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- Applicants WHO are planning to complete a doctoral thesis in English and who do not have English as a first language or WHO have not completed an English language-based Master’s programme (or an equivalent educational achievement in English) shall provide documentation that they have passed one of the following official tests with the respective minimum score: IELTS (band score):7 TOEFL (paper-based): 600, TOEFL (internet-based): 100.
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer if relevant.
Please note that zipped files are not supported by the recruitment system, please upload only Word or PDF files.
Shortlisting will be applied. This means that subsequent to the deadline for applications the head of department supported by the chair of the assessment committee will select candidates for assessment. All applicants will be informed whether they will be assessed or not.
The Faculty draws your attention to the fact that the applicant’s project description may be tested for plagiarism in the IT system iThenticate.
Information about the Business School can be found on the following website: www.business.aau.dk
If you have questions regarding the procedure of applying for the position, please contact Vigdis Skomager-Bohnfeldt, phone 99407408, e-mail: email@example.com
Appointment and salary as a PhD fellow are according to the Ministry of Finance Circular of 26 June 2019, on the Collective Agreement for Academics in Denmark, Appendix 5, regarding PhD fellows, and with the current Circular on the employment structure at Danish Universities.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Deadline: 2022-10-06 at 23:59
Post expires on Thursday October 6th, 2022