The research activities will focus on the development of UAS applications and technologies based on novel 5G UAS network services. Key topics include environmental monitoring using fully autonomous UASs; reusable software components and embedded hardware components for 5G-based communications during autonomous operations; the use of these components to implement key services such as Detect And Avoid (DAA), high-reliability positioning and support for RTK GNSS, Quality of Service (QoS) awareness; and risk assessment based on the EU SORA framework. The results will be demonstrated on a use case in collaboration with the Danish Environmental Protection Agency.
The successful candidates are expected to have:
- Master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) in UAS, mobile robotics, embedded systems, or related fields.
- Strong background in UAS technology and experience with system integration and experimental UAS applications.
- Good programming skills (C++, Python, ROS)
Additionally, the candidate should have excellent writing skills and be able to work independently. The ideal candidate also has experience in 5G-based communications and the EU SORA framework.
The successful candidate for the position will be affiliated with the UAS center at the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, the University of Southern Denmark (https://www.sdu.dk/uas).
Further information about this position is available from Associate Professor Kjeld Jensen at email: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of employment
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) at the time of enrollment and employment. Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of sideline employment, while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty.
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process. Shortlisting may be used.
The application deadline is 16. January 2022.
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
- Letter of motivation (maximum one page). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- A short PhD research proposal featuring: title, aim/objective, background, expected contribution, proposed methodology, work plan, bibliography (maximum 4 pages including references). Upload in the field called “Other relevant material”.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- List of publications and maximum 3 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- References, if any. Reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Deadline: 2022-01-16 at 23:59
Post expires on søndag januar 16th, 2022