The position offers a chance to share the expertise of ChE within the fields of metal catalyst, material synthesis and characterisation, electrochemistry, energy conversion and technical development on material sustainable and circular development.
For more information on SOLID and the partners visit: https://solid.dtu.dk/
For more information on the department please see: https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/institutter_centre/igt-green-technology
For more information in working at SDU and living in Odense please visit: https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/international_staff
A successful candidate will get a unique chance to participate in research and collaboration with the scientific as well as commercial communities in the field of electrochemical energy conversion electrode structure and transport phenomenon investigations.
The multi-scale (nano, sub-micro, micro) imaging studies using X-ray and/or neutrons to
- identify relevant materials and evaluate their properties
- capture and follow the overall matrix, where the materials are embedded
- in-situ study on liquid droplets or gas bobble formation and/or transport phenomenon in porous media
The focus will be on following activities:
- Electrode component design, preparation and modification
- Comprehensive electrode structure evaluation (including post-mortem analysis).
- Electrode structure – performance relationship interpretation
It is preferred if the candidate has experiences and contributions within one or more of the following areas:
- Electrochemical energy conversion reactions (water electrolysis, CO2 reduction, N2 reduction, fuel cell etc.) and gas diffusion electrode preparation (catalyst selection, ink tuning, electrode printing, membrane electrode assembling, etc).
- Ex-situ / in-situ electrode property evaluation, operation and interpretation based on electrochemical performance, physiochemical property and imaging characterization.
- Experience in X-ray / neutron scattering/imaging, work at large scale X-ray/neutron facility and relevant data analysis
We offer an inspirational international research environment with excellent infrastructure including large scale facilities and strong collaborations with a vast international network, research organizations and commercial stakeholders. We offer a position from which to further develop the fundamental knowledge to provide insightful understanding and applicable solution.
The candidate shall have a MSc degree or equivalent in material science / chemistry / chemical engineering / physical chemistry /nanotechnology or similar field.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-driven candidate, with outstanding research background and imaging experience, a proven record of publications in international peer reviewed journals and who communicates well in an international environment. The candidate must be able to carry out independent, systematic and rigorous research and engineering work, which is clearly aligned with the overall project activity.
Further information is available from
- SDU Assoc Prof Shuang Ma Andersen email@example.com Tel: 6550 9186
- SDU head of section Knud Villy Christensen firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 65507478
- DTU head of section Luise Theil Kuhn email@example.com Tel: 51419371
Conditions of employment
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) at the time of enrollment and employment. Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of sideline employment, while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty.
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process. Shortlisting may be used.
The application deadline is 1st of November 2021.
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
- Motivation letter including research statement. Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and including full copies of the three most important representative publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- A list of at least two references including contact details.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
Deadline: 2021-11-01 at 23:59
Post expires on Monday November 1st, 2021