Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?
An exciting opportunity to be part of the Karolinska Institutet biomedical research at the Department of Medicine Solna, Division of Infectious Diseases. The Division of Infectious Diseases has several research groups working on infection and immunology; including clinical, experimental, epidemiological and public health research. Postdoc will work in Asghar Muhammad research group. The lab studied the impact of infectious diseases on cellular ageing and its underlaying cellular mechanisms.
The group is now seeking a postdoctoral researcher who will investigate the underlaying cellular factors and mechanisms that mediate the impact of infections on cellular ageing. The project will explore several hallmarks of ageing, such as telomere length, cellular senescence, mitochondrial dysfunction and epigenetic alterations (DNA methylation and transcriptional alterations). The project will involve integrative approaches by combing epidemiological, experimental and cellular studies both in human and animal models.
The group is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious postdoctoral researcher. The candidate is expected to be organized and able to work independently.
- The candidate must hold a PhD equivalent to a Swedish doctoral degree in the field of molecular biology, immunology or ageing biology.
- Excellent molecular biology, ageing biology, immunology skills and good Knowledge in bioinformatics is required.
- Outstanding creative thinking, problem solving and communication skills, ability to work independently as well as excellent team player.
- The project is pursued in an interdisciplinary environment in collaboration with several research groups, and good collaborative skills are a requirement necessary.
- Demonstrated record of publications in peer reviewed Journals.
- Fluency in both oral and written English is necessary.
Qualified to be employed as a postdoctor is one who has obtained a doctorate or has equivalent scientific competence. Applicants who have not completed a doctorate at the end of the application period may also apply, provided that all requirements for a completed degree are met before the (intended) date of employment. This must be substantiated by the applicant’s main supervisor, director or equivalent.
What do we offer?
A creative and inspiring environment full of expertise and curiosity. Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote a better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct successful medical research and hold the largest range of medical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles to several benefits such as extended holiday and generous occupational pension. Employees also have access to our modern gym for free and receive reimbursements for medical care.
The position is located within the Department of Medicine, Solna. The department consists of twelve divisions and each division consists of several research groups. The position is located within the research groupdescribe your research group of Asghar Muhammad at the Division of Infectious Diseases. The group is based at the new research laboratories at BioClinicum on the Karolinska University Hospital site in Solna. The Asghar research group is situated together with Färnert and Broliden research groups which perform research in malaria and HIV immunology. The experimental environment is located in close proximity to the clinic. https://ki.se/en/meds/research-group-asghar-muhammad
An employment application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete resumé, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Asghar Mohammad, Asghar.email@example.com, tel +46 761959663, Anna Färnert, Anna.firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +46851775285|
|Union representative||Bruna Gigante, SACO, email@example.comLouisa Cheung, SACO, Louisa.Cheung@ki.seAfsar Rahbar OFR, Afsar.Rahbar@ki.se|
|Last application date||07.Aug.2020 11:59 PM CET|
Post expires on Friday August 7th, 2020