The Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a PhD scholarship within the field of bioinorganic chemistry. The position is available from 1 January 2020. Application deadline: 10 October 2019.
The project will focus on the development of new biomimetic supramolecular materials for the activation of small molecules. In particular this will include H2O and O2 for generating high-valent transition metal-based oxidants for application to processes like water remediation and selective solventless oxidation reactions.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience in synthetic molecular transition metal chemistry and structural analysis by single crystal X-ray crystallography and relevant spectroscopic techniques. The project will involve international collaboration.
Qualifications of the applicant
• Recent MSc degree – or similar – in chemistry.
• Full proficiency in spoken and written English.
For further information please contact Christine McKenzie (email@example.com).
Application, salary etc.
Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
Shortlisting may be used in the assessment process.
Further information about the PhD-study can be found at the homepage of the University.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated. This also applies to reference letters.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Deadline: 10 October 2019
Unit: Faculty of Science
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Thursday October 10th, 2019