We are seeking to hire two Postdoctoral Researchers in the area of quality and risk management at the intersection of digital tools for R&D and production.
You will be employed at the Engineering Systems Group at DTU Management and work closely with FOSS A/S and members of the MADE consortium.
The overall objective of the project is to develop novel approaches to a) leverage digital production data to identify and mitigate possible quality risks in early production runs and b) integrate and digitize the risk management processes between R&D and production with the dual objective of focusing R&D attention and supporting production quality management. The project will improve the production process by feeding the data collected into the quality control processes and R&D risk management. This will improve the partnerships and synergies between R&D, production and quality control. Through these efforts R&D, quality control and production will be better informed (data-driven) regarding risks that cut across the lifecycle of the product.
The research field for this project is at the intersection of risk and quality management between R&D and production. We expect each Postdoctoral Researchers to cover a particular focus area (see below).
Responsibilities and tasks
You will be responsible for executing an application-oriented research program between DTU, FOSS A/S and MADE. There are two focus areas. We expect each researcher to be responsible for one area, as well as the integration and coordination with the second focus area.
General Responsibilities of both Postdoctoral Researchers
- Translation of the overall project plan into your detailed research and publication plan. Balancing commercial and academic expectations, and reconciling them through your application-oriented research Improving synergies between R&D and production to ultimately improve overall product quality, especially: Integrating production quality risk identification and management with R&D risk management process
Responsibilities Focus Area 1: Leveraging digital quality data in production:
- Quantitative articulation of production quality risk profile (for example with Six Sigma methods or other methods of statistical process controls) Identification of opportunities for additional data collection (for example, through the introduction of new sensors in the production process) Integrating production quality data into the R&D risk management process
Responsibilities Focus Area 2: Digital Risk Management in R&D
- Benchmarking and improvement suggestions regarding R&D risk management system Develop digitized risk and quality management system in R&D and for the R&D/production interface
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent. We expect the candidate to have
- A proven track record of successful work at the intersection of industry and academia Relevant experience, for example in the areas of risk management, quality management, design for production, robust design or production management Experience in the broad area of digital production or digital product development (“Industry 4.0”) Interest in engaging and leveraging the broad industry and academic stakeholder community of MADE for their project
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The employment period for each Postdoc is 1 year, starting as soon as possible, but at the latest January 1 2020.
The workplace will be shared between DTU Lyngby Campus and FOSS R&D and production site in Hillerød.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Josef Oehmen, tel.: +45 4525 6039 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about the project partners here: Engineering Systems Group, FOSS A/S, MADE consortium.
Please submit your online application as soon as possible but no later than 30 September 2019 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter) CV Diploma (MSc/PhD) List of publications Brief research statement: outline of your own research and future ideas (not more than 2 pages) Three reference contacts (at least one academic and one industry reference)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Management contributes actively to the development of management tools and optimisation of processes by using and re-thinking theoretical engineering perspectives, models and methods. We conduct excellent research in the intersection between management, technology and economics – in close cooperation with companies and public authorities. Our research and teaching range from disciplines such as systems engineering, economics and psychology.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.
Deadline: 30 September 2019
Unit: DTU Management
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Monday September 30th, 2019