The Danish Centre for Health Economics (
DaCHE) at the Department of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a position as postdoc in health economics. The position is available from December 15, 2019. The position will run for a period of three years.
The successful applicant will be expected to conduct and publish high quality international research in the field of health economics. The applicant will also be expected to engage in national and international networks and participate in the writing of grant applications with the aim of attracting external funding. The applicant will engage with DaCHE colleagues in teaching health economics at all levels, and in supervising students and researchers from related fields.
– A PhD in health economics, economics, public health or comparable discipline
– A Master’s degree in health economics, economics, public health or comparable discipline
– Prior research activity in the mentioned disciplines
Candidates must have a strong interest in pursuing excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and in supervising students and researchers.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent analytical abilities
– Fluent English language skills
– Capable of working independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams
– A strong team player
Further information can be obtained from the head of Centre for Health Economics, professor Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, telephone +45 20141015 email firstname.lastname@example.org or from the head of the Department of Public Health, professor Jesper Bo Nielsen, telephone +45 6550 4034, email email@example.com.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the university.
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
Applications – including the required attachments – must be sent via the below-mentioned link “Apply online”. Only online applications will be accepted. Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb.
The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• an application
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• up to 3 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the applicant to the most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
• a teaching portfolio detailing the candidate’s prior teaching experience, teaching skills, and teaching philosophy
• a research plan detailing the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work.
Incomplete applications with regard to the above-mentioned requirements will not be assessed.
Applications may be shortlisted.
Further particulars concerning the application – please see the link below.
The University encourages all interested persons to apply, regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
Deadline: 29 September 2019
Unit: Faculty of Health Sciences
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Sunday September 29th, 2019