The Laboratory of Daniel Ketelhuth, Department of Cardiovascular and Renal Research at the Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Southern Denmark is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to work in the field of cardiovascular immunology and metabolism with a focus on examining the role of cell metabolism in inflammation and the development of cardiovascular diseases.
A position of 12 months, with the possibility of extension, is available for immediate start.
The applicant will be expected to conduct his/her research in cardiovascular immunology and metabolism with a focus on developing new therapies against atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases. The applicant should develop his/her project exploring the potential of modulating immunometabolic pathways to identify novel therapeutic targets against inflammation in the context of cardiovascular diseases, e.g. atherosclerosis and aneurysm.
The postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for the planning of the project as well as data acquisition, preparation and analysis, manuscript writing and other activities for disseminating the results. Work is also to seek external research funding from external funding agencies.
Qualified and highly motivated candidates from all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will be expected to have
- Obtained a PhD in a relevant area, e.g. biological and biomedical sciences, biochemistry, immunology or another closely related discipline.
- Proven experience and knowledge with animal models of disease is a major requirement.
- Ability to work structured and independently.
- Good communication skills and high proficiency in English.
- Good collaborative and social abilities.
- Prior experience with human samples and biobanks, bioinformatics, and functional immune assays are considered a plus.
The application must contain:
- A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages).
- A detailed CV, including personal contact information (max three pages).
- A complete and numbered publication list.
- 3 scientific publications considered by the applicant to be most important for this position.
- Certified copies of diplomas (Master’s and PhD degrees).
- At least one signed reference letter mentioning the applicant’s name. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly, please have them use e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. Please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
Applications must be submitted latest on September 30th, 2019.
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
Applications may be shortlisted.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the “apply online” link. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. Only online applications will be accepted.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated. This also applies to reference letters.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). An evaluation will be performed before completion of 3 months of employment.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Deadline: 29 September 2019
Unit: Faculty of Health Sciences
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Sunday September 29th, 2019