About the position
Up to three fixed-term 100 % positions are available at the School of Business and Law, University of Agder, Norway, as Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Entrepreneurship, affiliated to the Department of for a period of three years. The position is located at Campus Kristiansand. The starting date is negotiable with the Faculty.
The School of Business and Law, which is AACSB accredited, has approximately 2000 students and 100 faculty members and offers studies in economics and administration, HR, marketing, tourism management, law and innovation, at the bachelor, master and ph.d level, and with many applicants for the studies. There are also a number of courses on post-graduate and continuing education in addition to an experience-based MBA (master’s in business administration). Emphasis is placed on international, innovative and responsible perspectives in all programs, and in recent years there has also been considerable recruitment of employees internationally.
The School of Business and Law seeks applicants who will contribute to
- maintain high-quality study programs as well as high-quality research teams
- strengthen interaction with business
- attract external research funding and
- take part in developing executive education
- perform teaching, mentoring and cooperation with colleagues
- lecture/mentor/facilitate various academic activities such as hackathons
- be involved in state-of-the-art research and outreach activities
- be involved in a project which aims to study the efficacy of teaching entrepreneurship in an academic setting
- a PhD-degree within entrepreneurship or other related fields. Potential candidates must have their theses approved by the time of the application deadline
- fluency in oral and written English
The working language at the University of Agder is Norwegian. The University of Agder offers Norwegian language courses to international employees with little or no knowledge of Norwegian and facilitates participation in such courses.
- it is desirable that the applicant has defended his/her doctoral thesis within the last five years
- a publication record in the area of specialization
- an applied/empirical research focus
- a strong research pipeline
- be engaged in research that focuses on the intersection between entrepreneurship/international business/new ventures or is interested in studying the efficacy of entrepreneurial education in an academic setting
- experience with students from different educational levels and backgrounds
- experience with student incubators, student mentoring of entrepreneurial projects or organizing hackathons
- have networks with entrepreneurial eco-systems and experience of working with entrepreneurs and students of entrepreneurship in an international setting
- fluency in oral and written Norwegian/Scandinavian language
Emphasis will be given to the applicant’s project description and its relevance in relation to ongoing teaching and research at the Faculty.
- good collaborative skills
- high working capacity
- considerable flexibility
Personal qualities and suitability for the position will be emphasized.
- professional development in a large, exciting and socially influential organisation
- a positive, inclusive and diverse working environment
- modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
More about working at UiA.
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, salary plan 17.510, code 1352, NOK 544 400 – 565 500 gross salary per year. Higher salary grades may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants. A compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory provisions.
A good working environment is characterized by its diversity. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, irrespective of gender, age, disability or cultural background. The University of Agder is an IW (Inclusive Workplace).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
The successful applicant will have rights and obligations in accordance with the current regulations for the position, and organizational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities of the position must be expected. The appointment is made by the University of Agder’s Appointments Committee for Teaching and Research Positions.
Relevant candidates will be invited for an interview and a trial lecture. References will also be obtained after further agreement with the applicant. In the ranking of applicants, emphasis will be placed on the applicants’ expertise, experience and specialization in relation to the needs of the department. Read more about the employment process here.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act § 25 (2), applicants may request that they are not identified in the open list of applicants. The University, however, reserves the right to publish the names of applicants. Applicants will be advised of the University’s intention to exercise this right.
In case of discrepancies between the Norwegian and the English version of this description, the English version takes precedence.
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically. Use the link “Apply for this job”.
The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- certified with grades
- a CV with a complete list of scientific publications, research presentations, and research dissemination (public lectures, newspaper articles, radio/TV-interviews, etc.)
- doctoral thesis /alternatively a timetable for completion if not completed by the application deadline
- Up to 10 academic articles and R&D projects which the candidate wishes to particularly emphasize for the assessment process
- A description of the applicant’s research interests, the background for the thesis question that the applicant wishes to work on, and its relevance for the advertised position. A brief overview of relevant research pertaining to the design of assignments and relevant issues for research should also be included here
- project plan
- a list of on-going research projects, including papers in the review process
- a list of academic organizational memberships, roles, and journal editorial board memberships
- a one-page summary of (a) research interests and pipeline as well as (b) teaching philosophy and approach
- a list of references with contact details
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete digital documentation before the closing date. Without complete documentation we cannot, unfortunately, include you in the assessment process. All documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete digital documentation before the closing date. All documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.
Closing date 12 August 2019.
For questions about the position:
- The Head of the Department of Management Associate Professor Bjørn-Tore Flåten, mobile +47 93256506, email email@example.com
For questions about the application process:
- Senior adviser, HR, Anna Færavaag tel. +47 38 14 24 14, mobile +47 974 294, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Agder
The University of Agder has more than 1400 employees and 13 000 students. This makes us one of the largest workplaces in Southern Norway. Our staff research, teach and disseminate knowledge from a variety of academic fields. Co-creation of knowledge is our common vision. We offer a broad range of study programmes in many fields. We are situated at two modern campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad respectively.
We are an open and inclusive university marked by a culture of cooperation. The aim of the university is to further develop education and research at a high international level.
Read the job desription at the university homepage
Apply for this job
12th August 2019
Post expires on Monday August 12th, 2019