Ming Wai Lau Centre for Reparative Medicine, KI, Hong Kong
Ming Wai Lau Centre for Reparative Medicine (MWLC) aims to contribute to the improvement of human health by conducting cutting-edge research in reparative medicine and related subjects, by creating a new platform for synergies between academia and innovation in Sweden and Hong Kong as well as China, and fostering future leaders in both academia and industry.
For more information, please visit ki.se/mwlc
Description of research group and project
The current research of Assistant Professor Sijie Chen aims at developing novel fluorescence based tools and technology for biological research, especially mechanobiology studies.
One position as postdoctoral researcher are available in the following areas: Fluorescent biosensors, materials science, chemistry
We are looking for a highly-motivated, creative researcher, who enjoys an interdisciplinary, open and collaborative environment, with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Completion of a PhD or an equivalent degree in chemistry, materials science or related disciplines.
- A strong publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- Knowledge of fluorescence, fluorescent probes and fluorescence based techniques.
- Experience and expertise in chemical synthesis, materials, biomaterials, and materials characterization, and/or fluorescent materials/sensors, and spectroscopy.
- Experience in super-resolution microscopy, atomic-force microscopy, FLIM, is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
This is a two-year full-time position, with the possibility of renewal.
The assignment is located at MWLC, Hong Kong, and the employment will follow local labour laws in Hong Kong.
A competitive remuneration package including 10% on top of basic salary (fully-taxable) intended as pension will be offered in addition to MPF employer’s contribution and medical benefits.
Qualified to be employed as a Postdoctoral researcher is one who has obtained a doctorate or has equivalent scientific competence.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- Applicants should arrange to have at least two letters of reference
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Its vision is to significantly contribute to the improvement of human health. Karolinska Institutet accounts for the single largest share of all academic medical research conducted in Sweden and offers the country’s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences. The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet selects the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
For temp agencies and recruiters, and to salespersons: We politely, yet firmly, decline direct contact with temp agencies and recruiters, as well as those selling additional job announcements.
Read the job description at the universtiy homepage
Login and apply
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Sijie Chen, Assistant Professor, email@example.com|
|Last application date||15.Apr.2019 11:59 PM CET|
Post expires on Monday April 15th, 2019