At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology a position as postdoc in Planning and Operation of Local Energy Networks is open for appointment from November 1. 2019 or soon thereafter.The position is available for a period of 2 years.The Department of Energy Technology is an expanding department covering most fields of Energy Technology ranging from electrical energy (Power Systems, Power Electronics, Electrical Machines) to thermal energy including Energy Systems and Fluid Mechanics and Combustion but also mechatronic systems. The department has about 300 employees – out of them are more than 110 Ph.D. students. The laboratory-facilities are world-class and the research carried out is most often in collaboration with industry.The position is offered in relation to a project work funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and the The position is offered in relation to the research program “Intelligent Energy Systems and Active Networks” and the Postdoc will be positioned to the section for Power electronic system.
The focus of this position is related to the future bottom-up energy systems where cost-effective, green and scalable solutions for both electrical and thermal energy generation, conversion and storage (mainly renewable-based), must be identified at different scales (from building-level up to community-level or beyond).
Successful candidate must have experience and competences in most of the following areas:
• Operational planning of energy hubs and multi-carrier energy systems
• Modelling and control of heating/cooling systems
• Market design and framework for local energy trading
• Business models for flexible thermal/electrical energy production/consumption
• Operations research and its application to energy systems
You may obtain further professional information from Project Manager Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam, Phone: +45 93562062, E-mail: email@example.com
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR-Partner Lone Lund by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+45) 9940 3494. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Deadline: 24 March 2019
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Sunday March 24th, 2019