Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen (DIKU) is offering 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowships in Algorithms expected to commence 1 June 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Algorithms and Complexity Section at DIKU is headed by Professor Mikkel Thorup. The group is prolific at the topmost conferences like STOC, FOCS, and SODA (we had 10 papers accepted for SODA’18 and Thorup is PC chair for FOCS’18). Adding to the excitement, we have the center Basic Algorithms Research Copenhagen (BARC) which also involves the IT-University of Copenhagen. The aim is to attract top talent from around the world to an ambitious, creative, collaborative, and fun environment. Using the power of mathematics, we strive to create fundamental breakthroughs in algorithmic thinking. While the focus of BARC is algorithms theory, we do have a track record of surprising algorithmic discoveries leading to major industrial applications.
The duty of the postdoctoral researcher is, first of all, research within algorithms, but will also include some research-based teaching. The post may also include performance of other duties.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
The candidates must have
• a PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
• demonstrated strength within algorithm with a solid publication record at the top conferences STOC, FOCS, and SODA.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 426.625 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 72.952). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
– Curriculum vita
– Diplomas: Master and PhD degree or equivalent. If you have not yet defended your PhD thesis, please enclose a declaration from your supervisor on expected submission and defense of PhD thesis
– 2 recommendation letters
– Research plan – description of current and future research plans
– Complete publication list and links to author pages with DBLP and with Google Scholar citations
– Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 31 December 2018, 23:59 GMT +1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.