The PhD specialisation in Marketing focuses on developing doctoral students’ theoretical knowledge and methodological skills required to become successful researchers. We welcome applications from students with a strong background in disciplines such as business, economics, social psychology and statistics.
The Department of Marketing is a strong research department. According to the UT Dallas Business School Research Ranking (period 2015-2018), the department ranks 26 in Europe, based on publications in the four most prestigious journals in the field (Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, and Marketing Science). The department has several researchers who have published in these journals as well as other very good journals, such as Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of Service Research. The department’s doctoral students are successful and have been placed at good international universities and business schools, such as Cass Business School, Grenoble Ecole de Management, Nanyang Technological University, and University of Groningen.
Eligible applicants must have completed a Master of Science degree with thesis work, a research masters/M.Phil degree, or a comparable degree relevant for the specialisation in Marketing by the early autumn of 2019, with a grade point average of B or higher. An MBA degree does not fulfill the requirements for admission. Final year Master of Science students are encouraged to apply.
Accepted applicants will be offered close supervision and follow-up by the research faculty.
The four-year scholarships are currently NOK 479 300,- per year (will be adjusted during 2019). The positions provide for automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse). The scholarships require 25% of the teaching responsibilities of a full time professor position. PhD candidates will have their place of work at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo, Norway.
Additional information about the doctoral programme, admission requirements and the application can be obtained from the Doctoral Administration at BI Norwegian Business School (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and the department’s website (https://www.bi.edu/programmes-and-individual-courses/phd/marketing/
You are required to upload the following with your application:
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent, including transcripts of grades
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent, including transcript of grades
- A Diploma Supplement or a similar document describing in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree (https://www.nokut.no/en/about-nokut/international-cooperation/diploma-supplement/)
- Other relevant certificates and transcripts
- A project proposal (5-10 pages including topic, proposed method, schedule)
- A research plan with milestones and a list of the courses you plan to take
- Letters of recommendations from relevant employers/tutors providing evidence of your skills as a researcher (a minimum of 2 letters)
- Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level, if requesting approval of these for the PhD programme at BI Norwegian Business School (see section 2 in our PhD Regulations)
- A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant activities
- Signed verification document. Template to be found here: https://www.bi.edu/globalassets/jason/verification-document-to-be-filled-out.doc
Please note that all documents must be uploaded in the electronic application. Documents may not be submitted by e-mail. Furthermore, note that any documents forwarded after the application deadline will not be considered. Exceptions will only be made for students who are completing their Master’s Degree in 2019 and do not have a final certificate when applying. Please note that you will not be able to revise your application once it has been submitted.
Candidates may, at a later stage, be asked to forward further information and/or be called in for an interview.
Candidates who are accepted for the programme, must provide a more detailed progress plan with milestones and courses for the four years of study.
Post expires on Friday February 1st, 2019