BI Norwegian Business School offers a four year PhD programme in business and economics. We are pleased to announce a limited number of PhD Scholarship positions for the Leadership and Organization specialisation.
Department of Leadership and Organizational Behavior is a top publishing department. The department has several active researchers that regularly publish on a broad range of issues in the field’s top journals. Such journals include Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Leadership Quarterly, Journal of Management Studies, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, PlosOne, and Journal of Experimental Psychology: General. Research staff regularly attends the most important international conferences and has large international networks of top scholars in the field.
The four-year programme is designed for talented students who wish to pursue an international career within academia and who can contribute on the international arena with their research and publications. This is in keeping with the school’s vision of being one of the leading research business schools in Europe.
Eligible applicants must have completed a Master of Science degree with thesis work, a research masters/M.Phil degree, or a comparable degree relevant for the specialisation in Leadership and Organization by the early autumn of 2019, with a grade point average of B or higher. An MBA degree does not fulfill the requirements for admission.
Final year Master of Science students are encouraged to apply.
Accepted applicants will be offered close supervision and follow-up by the research faculty.
The four-year scholarships are currently NOK 479 300- per year (will be adjusted during 2019). The positions provide for automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse). The scholarships require 25% of the teaching responsibilities of a full time professor position. PhD candidates will have their place of work at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo, Norway.
Additional information about the doctoral program, admission requirements and the application can be obtained from the Doctoral Administration at BI Norwegian Business School (Email: email@example.com) and the department’s website (https://www.bi.edu/programmes-and-individual-courses/phd/leadership-and-organisation/)
You are required to upload the following with your application:
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent, including transcripts of grades
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent, including transcript of grades
- A Diploma Supplement or a similar document describing in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree (https://www.nokut.no/en/about-nokut/international-cooperation/diploma-supplement/)
- Other relevant certificates and transcripts
- A project proposal (5-10 pages including topic, proposed method, schedule)
- A research plan with milestones and a list of the courses you plan to take. Template to be found here: https://www.bi.edu/globalassets/jason/milestoneplan.doc
- Letters of recommendations from relevant employers/tutors providing evidence of your skills as a researcher (a minimum of 2 letters)
- Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level, if requesting approval of these for the PhD programme at BI Norwegian Business School (see section 2 in our PhD Regulations)
- A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant activities
- Signed verification document. Template to be found here: https://www.bi.edu/globalassets/jason/verification-document-to-be-filled-out.doc
Please note that all documents must be uploaded in the electronic application. Documents may not be submitted by e-mail. Furthermore, note that any documents forwarded after the application deadline will not be considered. Exceptions will only be made for students who are completing their Master’s Degree in 2019 and do not have a final certificate when applying. Please note that you will not be able to revise your application once it has been submitted.
Candidates may, at a later stage, be asked to forward further information and/or be called in for an interview.
Candidates who are accepted for the programme, must provide a more detailed progress plan with milestones and courses for the four years of study.
Post expires on Friday February 1st, 2019