The Research Initiative for Activity Studies and Occupational Therapy at the Research Unit of General Practice, Department of Public Health, SDU invites applicants for a three-year full-time (37 h) postdoctoral position. Applicants only interested in a part-time position may apply for a position of at least 40% (15 h) per week.
The successful candidate will be involved in occupational therapy research at the Research Initiative for Activity Studies and Occupational Therapy and in teaching at the master’s program in Occupational Therapy.
The successful candidate will contribute with own research within occupational science and/or occupational therapy at the Research Initiative for Activity Studies and Occupational Therapy and in the Research Unit of General Practice.
• Collaborating with colleagues at the Research Initiative for Activity Studies and Occupational Therapy and in the Research Unit of General Practice on developing and running research projects.
• Participating in research seminars, including receiving and providing feedback on e.g. manuscripts, oral presentations and posters
• Presenting own research
• Co-supervising ph.d. students enrolled at the Research Initiative for Activity Studies and Occupational Therapy
Being part of the teaching staff will involve:
• Planning and teaching within occupational therapy, occupational science and rehabilitation
• Course responsibility, including developing course guidelines, coordination and collaboration with teaching staff and guest lecturers
• Contributing to development of the master’s program in collaboration with the head of studies, course coordinators and teaching staff, including marketing the education
• Supervising master students at the Research Initiative for Activity Studies and Occupational.
It is considered beneficial, if the applicant has completed, or is currently following, a pedagogical training program.
The successful candidate will have completed a doctoral degree based on research of relevance to occupational therapy. Moreover, the application should include documentation for:
• A focused research experience and research plan related to occupational science and/or occupational therapy.
• Experience in teaching and supervising at the master’s level.
• Experience/interests in developing and coordinating research activities in relation to occupational science and/or occupational therapy.
• Collaboration with relevant research groups/units
Further information can be obtained from Head of the Research Initiative, associate professor Eva Ejlersen Wæhrens, tlf. +45 26140702, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Head of the Department, professor Jesper Bo Nielsen, +45 65504034, e-mail email@example.com
The successful applicant for the position as postdoc will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee and in accordance with current laws and regulations regarding university staff and institutional affairs. Applicants will be informed of their own assessment by the University.
Applications – including the required attachments – must be sent via the below-mentioned link “Apply online”. Only online applications will be accepted. Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb.
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• an application
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• up till 3 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the candicate as most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
• a teaching portfolio (see link below) detailing the candidate’s prior teaching experience, teaching skills, and teaching philosophy
• a presentation of other qualifications of relevance to the position.
Applications that are incomplete with regard to the above-mentioned requirements will not be assessed.
The University encourages all interested persons to apply, regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
Deadline: 2 September 2018
Unit: Faculty of Health Sciences
Read the job description and apply online
Post expires on Sunday September 2nd, 2018