Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant PhD scholarship within area of the Value of Financial Advice where this position will be at the Center of Corporate Governance (CCG) which is part of the Department of Accounting. The expected starting day is 15th of September, 2022.
The Center for Corporate Governance (CCG) is a virtual forum for the advancement of knowledge in this area, connecting researchers from several departments and institutions inside as well as outside Copenhagen Business School. CCG is comprised of researchers in economics, accounting, finance, law, and management as well as business people, auditors and government officials. We organize research projects, workshops, conferences, doctoral education and seminars.
This position will be a part of a major research program “Nordic Finance and the Good Society” where more information about the program can be found under: www.nfgs.dk
Teaching responsibilities of the Department include undergraduate and graduate teaching in corporate governance, finance and accounting related topics.
Examples of research areas a scholarship might cover:
- The value of financial advice seen from a consumer perspective when dealing with investment decisions
- Financial literacy or the lack of it and the impact on investment behavior
The three-year PhD programme at CBS gives you the opportunity to conduct research under the supervision of CBS’s associate professors and professors, supported by research related PhD courses. The programme is highly international, and you are expected to participate in international research conferences and to spend time at another research institution as a visiting PhD student. See the CBS homepage for more information about the PhD programme: https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/phd-programme.
CBS PhD graduates are held in high esteem not only in academia and research institutions but also in government and business where their research qualifications are in high demand.
CBS is committed to ensuring excellence, transformative and relevant teaching and research. Candidates who wish to join us must be interested in working in an organisation of this type and it is expected that the applicant shows an interest in joining the department’s research environment. You can read more about the department’s research here:www.cbs.dk/en.
Application and admission requirements
The department will give priority to applicants with high grades from their universities.
To be considered the applicant must
- have a basic education at master’s level (corresponding to the 3 + 2 Bologna process)
- have received the grade of 10 (or equivalent) for the master’s thesis according to the Danish 7-point grading scale (https://ufm.dk/en/education/the-danish-education-system/grading-system)
- have a weighted grade point average of at least 8.2 on the Danish 7-point grading scale for the bachelor’s and master’s degree combined or alternatively a weighted grade point average must be at least 9.5 for the master’s degree alone.
- have completed the master’s programme before starting the PhD programme at CBS
- master academic English at a high level in writing and speaking
The application (see link below) must include a five-page project description. The project description must include:
- a presentation of an original research question
- a description of the initial theoretical framework and method
- a presentation of the proposed empirical material
- a work plan for the three years
More information can be found here: https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/phd-programmes/admission.
In addition to the project description, copies of the following must be included:
- diploma for bachelor’s and master’s degree or other certificates at an equivalent level as well as the grade transcripts
- a concise curriculum vitae (CV)
- a list of articles and publications (if applicable)
- one example of a selected written work (e.g. master’s thesis)
- Documentation of English language skills
The PhD student is enrolled in the CBS PhD School. Further information about PhD scholarships and the PhD programme can be found at https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/phd-programme.
Employment and salary
A PhD scholarship runs for a period of three years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent to six months’ work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The monthly salary is currently approximately DKK 27,871 depending on seniority and a pension contribution totalling 17.1%. The scholarship includes tuition fees, office space, course and travel costs (according to the current CBS agreement).
Salary level and employment take place in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Academics’ Central Organization.
The Recruitment Committee shortlists at least two-five applicants to be assessed by the Assessment Committee. Applicants are informed whether their application has proceeded for assessment.
Applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and will receive their personal assessment later. Selected applicants will be invited for an interview. Please note that a positive assessment does not automatically result in an interview.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
The application must be sent via the online link below.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see above), by the application deadline.
Copenhagen Business School invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position. An appointment committee will review the applications and invite a selection of qualified candidates to an interview.
One of CBS’ strategic goals is the promotion of diversity, which is why every effort has been made to ensure a recruitment process that reduces potential bias. Applicants are therefore encouraged not to include a photo or unnecessary personal information in their application.
Details about Copenhagen Business School are available at www.cbs.dk/en.
Deadline: 2022-06-30 at 23:59
Post expires on torsdag juni 30th, 2022